Buyer's Registration Contract
Below is a sample of the buyer's registration contract. This contract must be completed to register for a bid number. We always suggest registering for bid number when you arrive to the auction. Registration if free and does not obligate you to bid during the auction, but you may not bid without registering for a number. If an item comes up for bidding and you have not registered, you will not have time to register before the item is sold.
You will be required to provide the following information to register for a bid number allowing you to participate in our auction:
Drivers License #:
HUNT AUCTIONEERS, INC. is holding a sale of furniture, home furnishings, decorative items, art works, and other miscellaneous items at Lafayette, Louisiana on the _____day of _____, 20___. The sale will be conducted as an auction by Hunt Auctioneers, Inc. and it's employees (hereafter "Auctioneer"). The auction is open to the public, but all persons wishing to participate by bidding or ultimately purchasing any of the items available for sale as bidders or buyers agree to, and are bound by the Terms and Conditions printed below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The sale price will include a 15% Buyer's Premium added to the final bid accepted by the Auctioneer. All purchases must be paid for at the end of the sale. We will accept cash, MasterCard, Visa, or the Discover Card. We may accept personal checks with proper identification, but we charge, and Buyer must pay $250.00 for any "NSF" check returned. In dispute over payment, we may recover, and Buyer is liable for any expenses, osts or attorney fees we incur in collecting payment.
2. Sales taxes on the sales price are collected upon payment. Dealers' sales tax exemptions will be recognized only upon providing a proper, current resale tax identification number. Once collected, we will not refund sales taxes even if a valid number is subsequently provided.
3. The Auctioneer will call out each bid as he receives it. We are not responsible for any bid offered but not received. Buyer must clearly signal his bids, listen to the bids called to be sure it was received, and notify the Auctioneer immediately if his bid is called out incorrectly. Any uncertainty or confusion about whether or which bid is accepted will be resolved at the sole discretion of the Auctioneer, who has the discretion to declare an item sold, permit further bidding between only the parties in dispute, or re-open bidding to all. The item is sold when the item number, bid card number, and accepted bid amount are declared by the Auctioneer to the sale clerk. Buyer must pay for each item upon which his bid is accepted by the Auctioneer's declaration to the sale clerk.
4. We try to have all items offered for sale available for inspection at least the day before the sale. It is the sole responsibility of the Buyer to carefully inspect any item he may purchase, prior to bidding on it. ALL ITEMS ARE SOLD "AS IS" WITH NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE. No statement made in any advertising or informational materials for the auction, nor made orally before or during the auction is intended to be a warranty or guarantee of the age, condition, quality, provenance or origin of any item offered for sale. ALL SALES ARE FINAL, NO REFUNDS. Buyer accepts all responsibility for examining any item offered for sale, investigating its background and informing himself of these matters necessary to evaluate the item as a potential purchase. Buyer also acknowledges that Hunt, the Auctioneer, and their employees, have not made any representations upon which Buyer is relying.
5. Any item originally offered for sale may be withdrawn from the sale at any time prior to the Auctioneer's declaration that it is sold. Items may be added to the sale at any time. Buyer is required to examine and investigate these items, and is bound by Terms and Conditions of paragraph "4" above.
6. Purchases may be removed from the premises of the sale only on presentation of the Buyer's ticket stub which will be provided by the cashier after payment of all amounts due. We do not provide storing, packing, loading, or transportation services. Buyer must remove his purchases within three (3) working days. Buyer acknowledges that we are not in any way responsible for protecting or preserving any items belonging to Buyer which are not removed from the premises within that time.
7. After obtaining the ticket stub from the cashier, Buyer may negotiate private agreements with our employees to assist them in removing their purchases. Any services which may be provided by employees of Hunt or the Auctioneers pursuant to a private agreement with Buyer, shall be performed under Buyer's exclusive supervision and at Buyer's sole risk. Hunt and the Auctioneer shall not be responsible in any manner for any type of damages caused, in whole or in part, by the packing, leading or transporting of any item once it has been purchased by Buyer.
8. Buyer may leave written absentee bids, or may participate in the bidding through the telephone only by making prior arrangements with the Auctioneer. The Auctioneer or any employee may bid or have someone bid for an absentee Buyer, personally or in the best interest of the consignor.
I hereby verify that I have read and understood each and all of the Terms and Conditions printed above. By signing this Buyer Registration Contract, I do agree to and accept these Terms and Conditions for HUNT AUCTIONEERS, INC. sale described above.
Hunt Auctioneers, Inc.
Ace Auction Co.
La. Lic. #1364
2002 Dulles Drive
Lafayette, LA 70506
*NOTE: The above is a sample contract only. Buyer is responsible to read the current contract presented for buyer number registration.